SOLD OUT for 2014!! 14' Kayak & Inflatable Boat Crossover - KaBoat. Patent Pending. SOLD OUT for 2014!!
New boats will arrive in 2015. Pre-order now to ensure you get one.
Please ask for a quote on shipping before ordering.
This new and revolutionary product, is a crossover between an inflatable kayak and an inflatable boat - KaBoat! It can be used as a regular kayak, just paddling anywhere you want, ocean, bay, river or lake. If you get tired, use an electric or gas engine installed on marine grade plywood transom. See customer's video of 14' SK430 KaBoat with Torqeedo Travel electric motor.
Use it as an inflatable boat with an outboard engine. Takes up to a 10 HP gas engine! If the battery charge or gas is low, then use it as a kayak to paddle to your destination.
Extremely portable, will fit in a medium size bag. Now you can go on vacation and take this portable KaBoat with you along with an optional small electric or gas engine. The main benefit is that if you will get tired paddling, then you can use the engine to get back ashore.
The KaBoat's exceptionally stable design allows you to stand, fly fish or even get into those narrow spots where other boats can't go to get the best fishing. The KaBoat is excellent as a dinghy for a yacht or sailboat. It can also be used in light whitewater action.
It's aluminum seats provide excellent support and can be customized by installing folding fishing chairs with a swivel base or canoe seats to provide additional back support for long trips.
Benefits of KaBoat VS. conventional Kayak or Inflatable Boat:
- Conventional plastic or fiberglass kayaks require significant storage space due to their large dimensions. KaBoats can be deflated and folded for easy storage and transportation.
- Kayaks can be only paddled, but the KaBoat allows you to use a small gas or electric engine to cover larger distances. If you get tired of paddling, you can start using an optional outboard engine.
- KaBoats are much more stable than conventional kayaks, allowing for standing and walking inside the KaBoat. In fact, you can fish standing or even ride while standing.
- The KaBoat can be used for diving, snorkeling, and fishing, however not many conventional kayaks can offer similar functionality.
- Due to the high buoyancy of its inflatable tubes, the KaBoat can transport a much larger cargo than regular kayaks.
- KaBoat allows you to go to narrow or shallow places where regular inflatable boats will not fit. Just raise the engine and paddle anywhere that is at least 15 cm / 5" deep.
- Due to its smaller chambers, it is much easier and faster to inflate a KaBoat than a regular inflatable boat.
- Because of its narrow profile and a much lower drag than wide conventional inflatable boats, KaBoats can go faster with the same rated engine than comparable size inflatable boats.
- KaBoats can also be used as a dinghy to a yacht or sailboat, but take up much less space when deflated and folded. KaBoats also can be placed on a swimming platforms.
- KaBoats cost much less than any inflatable dinghies and most kayaks available today.
|Recent Customer Review of Inflatable KaBoat SK430: |
"We received our boat last week and were able to test drive it over the weekend and we were totally impressed. The delivery was prompt, the product was excellent... even the bag is big enough so that everything fits in it when it's folded up. We bought it specifically to go camping with since we pull a small camping trailer we needed something portable to go in our van. We found that it fit very well on top of our mini-van when it was blown up so once we get to our camping spot we can go to various lakes in the area and not have to deflate and inflate every time. This is the 3rd raft that I've owned... the first two had the wooden floors - a Sevylor and a Sea Eagle and the air floor is much easier to deal with and pack and it's quite solid... we did buy some outdoor carpeting to put over it (we have a dog). Thanks for putting out such a great product at a reasonable price."
"I have a 14' kaboat and wanted to tell you how much I like it and some of the modifications I've made. It packs an unpacks very easily in the carry bag, it's a one-person operation from start to finish. While I'm putting on my dive gear, I have the boat hooked up to an electric pump and by the time I'm done dressing, I only have to top it up with the hand pump. Deflating is even faster, just open the valves and roll from the transom to the bow, it's all wrapped up in a couple minutes. I bought an old Evinrude Light Twin 4hp engine for $100, and with just me aboard it'll plane at about 15mph. With two people the performance drops to 6.5mph, but this is two big guys with wetsuits, weight belts, etc. I put the gas tank under the bow cover and run a long fuel line back. I don't often use the seats that came with the boat. The rear seat is too close to the engine and the middle seat is too far, so I just sit on the tubes. I have a 42 qt cooler I use in the middle of the boat, it's pinched gently in place by the tubes and stays in place. I use the cooler for storage and it makes a convenient middle seat for a passenger. I can move the cooler where I want to better balance the boat. One thing I've modified is to use a 2-piece marine plywood floor, I laminated the bow section so it follows the same curvature as the boat. The floor is very solid under foot, distributes the load better along the full length of the boat, makes the boat more stable, and improves handling. Thanks for a great product!"
Mario K. Redwood City, CA
"I just wanted to share my great experiences and photos by purchasing one of your KaBoats (SK430). The SK430 was everything I could have imagined in a quality boat, and more. I've taken it to 5 different lakes so far, and the performance of the boat has surprised me every time. Going slightly beyond the limits of the SK430, we even sat 4 adults comfortably on the boat in a lake for an hour, without leaving a scratch on the kaboat. After receiving this boat and taking it out, it has turned into a fully fledged hobby! Here are some photos of my experiences thus far."
- Same heavy-duty 1100 Denier PVC as in SATURN inflatable boats.
- Wide beam hull design for stability. You can stand in a KaBoat.
- Front Spray Skirt with water deflector guard and rope lacing.
- Marine grade plywood transom with a one way drain plug.
- High-pressure inflatable air deck floor.
- 4 (four!) fins for improved tracking.
- 1 set of rowing oars with oar locks.
- Set of rowing oars with oarlocks.
- 3 aluminum removable benches.
- Included: hand pump, repair kit, 2 oars and carry bag.
SK430 Technical Specifications:
|Exterior Length ||4,25 meter (14') |
|Interior Length ||2,92 meter |
|Exterior Width ||1,07 meter |
|Interior Width ||35 cm |
|Transom High ||34,3 cm |
|Tube Diameter ||33 cm |
|Shipping Size ||114 x 61 x 33 cm (45 x 24 x 13") |
|Shipping Weight ||36 kg (79 lbs) |
|KaBoat Weight ||26,3 kg (58 lbs) |
|Person Capacity ||3 |
|Weight Capacity ||340 kg (750 lbs) |
|Chambers ||2+1 |
|Material ||1100 Denier PVC |
|Air Valves ||Halkey-Roberts type valve by Naru |
|Max. Engine Capacity ||8 HP (10 HP if 2 stroke) |
|Inflation time ||5-10 min. |
|Tubes Color ||Light Gray |